- Started in 1858 by an American who quickly moved his business across the border into Canada to avoid pesky laws.
- The founder, Hiram Walker, built his own town, called Walkerville, for his employees to live.
- Walker aimed for the premium market and his Whiskey became popular in gentlemen clubs, giving it its name.
- During the 1920's, when alcohol was illegal in the United States, Al Capone was one of Canadian Clubs biggest clients.
- Canadian Club is the only North American distillery to have a Royal Warrant from Queen Elizabeth II.
- Canadian Club is now owned by Beam Inc.
- This article was inspired by Boardwalk Empire, where CC is featured in the opening credits.
Friday, 12 April 2013
The totally awesome history of Canadian Club
Fun facts about Canadian Club: